COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
The Federal Defenders of San Diego, Inc., (FDSDI) has an opening for a full‐time Computer Systems Administrator (CSA) in our San Diego office. FDSDI is a nonprofit organization fully funded by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts. We are not a government agency and as such are not government employees. FDSDI provides legal representation to indigent persons charged with federal crimes in the San Diego and Imperial Counties. A large part of the case load involves immigration related offenses, drugs, fraud, bank robbery, forgery and internet related crimes. The CSA will be primarily based in the San Diego office but will also provide support to the branch office location in El Centro, California.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The CSA works with the Assistant Computer Systems Administrators (ACSA) in administering the day-to-day operation and support of an integrated Windows network over a Wide Area Network. In addition, the CSA works with the Litigation Team to support all phases of discovery management as well as the production and presentation of court documents and videos.
The CSA is responsible for:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop administration
- Virtual Server and Desktop development, implementation and support
- IT budget development, research and implementation of new technologies
- Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures for all installed IT systems and applications
- Inventory management and annual audit compliance;
- Website development and maintenance
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS: To qualify for the CSA position, a person must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have at least three years of general experience, which provided a working knowledge of automated systems, and two years of specialized experience, and comprehensive knowledge of computer systems administration principles, practices, methods and techniques. Some higher education from an accredited college or university, preferably with a concentration in computer or management-information science or a related field, may be substituted for some of the required experience. Notwithstanding any educational substitution, however, specialized knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
- Microsoft (MS) Windows Server, desktop, laptop, and tablet computer support;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite 2013, with special emphasis on Word and Excel
- Active Directory and Server Administration
Specialized knowledge, skill and experience in some or all of the following areas is preferred. Experience in any of these systems or software should be expressly noted in a list of “Systems / Software” experience contained within your application, as described further below:
- Litigation support software, such as Trial Director, Casemap and Summation
- Forensic software, such as Forensic Tool Kit (FTK)
- Apple iOS devices and applications, such as iPads or iPhones
- Web design and web programming experience
- Citrix experience
All application information is subject to verification, and claimed experience, certifications, training and references will be verified. Applicants invited to interview will be asked to complete a brief skills test.
Salary: Salary based on experience and in accordance with guidelines issued by the Office of Defender Services. Starting salary range is: JS‐9/1 ($53,413) to JS‐13/1 ($92,108). Excellent health benefits offered. Selected candidate will be subject to and retention depends on a successful background investigation. Direct deposit of pay is mandatory.
How To Apply:
To apply send cover letter, resume, three references and a contact cell phone and email address to: Federal Defenders of San Diego, Attn: CSA Position, 225 Broadway, Suite 900, San Diego, CA 92101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will remain confidential. Equal Opportunity Employer.
No telephone calls please.
DEADLINE: May 31, 2016
FEDERAL DEFENDERS OF SAN DIEGO, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER